The Reluctant Chef

Easy recipes.

Name:
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, United States

I'm married. I'm the mother of a son and a daughter who are now grown. I have one granddaughter. We share our home with three dogs and a black capped conure.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Super Easy Chicken Noodle or Rice Soup

This is the easiest and best chicken soup recipe I've ever tried. It turns out reliably delicious every time.

Ingredients
4 cups canned chicken broth
Generous dash ground black pepper
1 medium carrot, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1 stalk celery, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles 1 cup cubed cooked chicken OR turkey

Directions: MIX broth, black pepper, carrot and celery in saucepan. Heat to a boil. STIR in noodles and chicken. Cook over medium heat 10 min. or until noodles are done.

I sometimes use chicken base or bullion to make the broth instead of using the canned broth. Frequently, I use a half cup of converted rice instead of the noodles - My husband prefers it with rice. Also, I use canned chicken most often...only in recent years have I learned it tastes just as good as if I had cooked it.

Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home