The Reluctant Chef

Easy recipes.

Name:
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, United States

I'm married. I'm the mother of a son and a daughter who are now grown. I have one granddaughter. We share our home with three dogs and a black capped conure.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My husband recently retired after 20 years as a letter carrier for the U.S. Postal Service. It occurred to me that I should be able to retire from cooking. After all, I've been cooking for over 40 years. However, it's highly unlikely that retirement is in the cards for me until I die. I am grateful that I'm able to cook, but frankly...I'm getting tired of it. After all, if you figure only 1 meal per day (a minimum) x 300 days a year x 40 years, that comes to a minimum of 12,000 meals to plan and clip coupons for and shop for and cook. So I'm always looking for things to simplify this never-ending task. I hope to share ideas and favorite recipes - most of which require the least amount of fuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home